Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad experience so far

Sad 
Hi,

I got this keyboard with a bent pin on the right ALT key switch and had to change it. Now I'm having issues with charging the battery. The keyboards has a 3,000 mAh battery and it lasts me 6 hours or so (without using the LED backlights). It also doesn't seem to charge well according to the Apex software.

I don't use the LED backlights mainly due to poor quality.

I switched back to my 7-8 years old Logitech K810 which in an engineering marvel compared to Kemove DK61. The battery still lasts me a month on a single charge and when I turn on the LED backlights, they are crystal clear on the keycaps. It's like watching the keys in 4K compared to Kemove's 360p.

I'd ask for a refund, but I don't have the will to go through the whole process.

Sorry for the rant, but I really expected more from Kemove.

EDIT: Not to mention how bad and buggy the software is. I really don't understand all the rave from other people on YouTube. Is nowadays this (poor quality) the new normal? Also, I had the chance to work on Das Keyboard 4C TKL and yes, it costs twice as much, but it's also a much, much better product.

First off, completely ignore the Apex software's charging info, it's utterly useless. If you hit FN and Alt doesn't light up while charging, it's done charging. That's really about all one can do in that regard.

LED backlights are "poor quality" ? How? This is one of the better boards for RGB colors from many reviews I've seen.

A garbage Logitech is an "engineering marvel" ? They do connectivity right, no question. Boards just work. But I can't stand typing on them with their horrid wobbly crunchy low profile scissor type switches. Yuck.

As for the software, and the firmware, it's a confusing mess. Once you set up the board you don't have to touch it ever again, so that's why people probably rave.. If they'd ever finally fix the repeating key issues with the board it'd be perfect.

That's good to know, thank you.

By low quality backlight I mean the light that shines through the keycaps. There are patches of gray on Caps Lk, Tab and Enter. Plus, the white color that I wanted to have is kind of off. I prefer not to use it at all.

The Logitech K810 is one of the best keyboards that Logitech ever made. When new it cost $99. It's now discontinued and they didn't replace it with a newer model. I guess it was over-engineered. The typing feeling is really good, the battery life is incredible and the keycap lightning is second to none.

Anyway, I cooled down a bit and will continue to use K61 DK, but it's my last keyboard from Kemove, that's for sure. I only hope that Das Keyboard will start producing 60% keyboards. Or maybe I'll try the Anne Pro 2.

(03-23-2021, 02:29 PM)kmuser3000 Wrote: That's good to know, thank you.

By low quality backlight I mean the light that shines through the keycaps. There are patches of gray on Caps Lk, Tab and Enter. Plus, the white color that I wanted to have is kind of off. I prefer not to use it at all.

The Logitech K810 is one of the best keyboards that Logitech ever made. When new it cost $99. It's now discontinued and they didn't replace it with a newer model. I guess it was over-engineered. The typing feeling is really good, the battery life is incredible and the keycap lightning is second to none.

Anyway, I cooled down a bit and will continue to use K61 DK, but it's my last keyboard from Kemove, that's for sure. I only hope that Das Keyboard will start producing 60% keyboards. Or maybe I'll try the Anne Pro 2.

Anne Pro 2 has a way better PC software and firmware. No strange keys getting stuck, etc.
Strictly speaking, Kemove 61 has better hardware parts and it is hotswap, but Anne Pro 2 is a better product mainly due to software (PC and firmware). It seems that Kemove is unable to improve their software after two years.

Sad.

(03-26-2021, 05:53 PM)cg7nqqn6b Wrote: Anne Pro 2 has a way better PC software and firmware. No strange keys getting stuck, etc.
Strictly speaking, Kemove 61 has better hardware parts and it is hotswap, but Anne Pro 2 is a better product mainly due to software (PC and firmware). It seems that Kemove is unable to improve their software after two years.

Sad.

Yep, I got the Kemove 61 for the hotswap and seems like something else, forget what other reason now, but it is a real shame that this keyboard hasn't been fixed after all this time.  If I used it as my primary I'd be howling mad I imagine, but since I use it as a portable/secondary keyboard it doesn't affect me too much.

Software is still janky, firmware is janky, poor communication, forum is full of spam...  Sad

(03-27-2021, 02:24 PM)khaytsus Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 05:53 PM)cg7nqqn6b Wrote: Anne Pro 2 has a way better PC software and firmware. No strange keys getting stuck, etc.

Sad.

Yep, I got the Kemove 61 for the hotswap and seems like something else, forget what other reason now, but it is a real shame that this keyboard hasn't been fixed after all this time.  If I used it as my primary I'd be howling mad I imagine, but since I use it as a portable/secondary keyboard it doesn't affect me too much.

Software is still janky, firmware is janky, poor communication, forum is full of spam...  Sad

Absolutely agree, nobody from Kemove is answering questions in the forum. I guess more than 4 months without "wade" or any other kemove employee answering any question.

Sadly I guess Kemove Shadow and Snowfox are right now... Abandon-ware. Kemove perhaps is moving to another new models and want to forget about Snowfox and Shadow not giving more support at all.