Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DIERYA DK66 60% Mechanical Keyboard Add Sleeping & RGB Effect Enhancement Function

Any update? It's been 2 months of this broken update.
The firmware that shipped with the keyboard was perfect.

(06-05-2020, 05:30 PM)test4pie Wrote: Any update? It's been 2 months of this broken update.
The firmware that shipped with the keyboard was perfect.
Hello, sorry for the late reply.
I confirmed this problem with the product manager again. His feedback is to update the firmware. I will tell you the first time after the firmware is released.
Have a good day!

Since the problem cannot be fixed for the time being, why can't the original/old firmware be posted so that our keyboard can at least be functional?

(06-24-2020, 07:25 PM)hkboy44 Wrote: Since the problem cannot be fixed for the time being, why can't the original/old firmware be posted so that our keyboard can at least be functional?
Sorry, DK66 does not support downgrade. Sad

Having the color profiles changes automatically with the layers is an important feature to me. At this point, is it realistic to expect a new driver to fix this problem being released in the near distance future, if at all? Since my keyboard is less than one year from Amazon, it should still be under warranty. Can I just get a replacement instead?

(07-28-2020, 04:53 AM)hkboy44 Wrote: Having the color profiles changes automatically with the layers is an important feature to me. At this point, is it realistic to expect a new driver to fix this problem being released in the near distance future, if at all? Since my keyboard is less than one year from Amazon, it should still be under warranty. Can I just get a replacement instead?
I highly doubt it as another user in the same situation as you. They released driver for the "new" 64-66 keyboard on their  download portal (https://www.kemovebbs.com/softdownload/) and even though it uses the same version of the windows software and the only difference visually that i could see is the spacebar... that version did not work and I had to go back to 1.27.

This keyboard has been solve out on their website and amazon for months. I can't find a reseller who sells this model so I would assume they gave up on it at this point.

(07-28-2020, 04:53 AM)hkboy44 Wrote: Having the color profiles changes automatically with the layers is an important feature to me. At this point, is it realistic to expect a new driver to fix this problem being released in the near distance future, if at all? Since my keyboard is less than one year from Amazon, it should still be under warranty. Can I just get a replacement instead?

It'd be cool if Kemove themselves stepped up and offered a replacement, but if they won't then Amazon likely will.

Open a ticket and explain the situation. I wouldn't settle for anything less than a full refund so you can order a replacement directly from Kemove (be sure to mention that in the ticket), or ask for a replacement Snowfox/Shadow (I wouldn't settle for a DK61E or DK63 due to the lack of Kemove Driver/Apex support). Though the Snowfox/Shadow have their own share of issues, and the one I just got from Amazon was the old version which you probably don't want.

That said, there's a good chance they'll only refund you in Amazon credit and have you order a replacement yourself.

If you ordered directly from Kemove using PayPal or a decent creditcard, you can open a dispute with them and they should help you out as well.

I get the impression that the DK66 is being discontinued and the software turning into abandonware.

(09-28-2020, 08:50 PM)godOmelet Wrote: I get the impression that the DK66 is being discontinued and the software turning into abandonware.

I mean I don't think you're wrong. They haven't been in stock on amazon for over half a year or I would have just swapped them out.

So unfortunate how a booched software update ruined this keyboard.

Yeah it's really quite a bummer. The split spacebar is an option with tons of potential, as we've seen with the ortholinear keyboards that do it. I wish they would just port the Snowfox/Shadow and DK66 to QMK to let us do our own programming as it's obvious that they aren't up to the task.