Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DK66 - Modifier key level programming (shift / ctrl / alt + other key)

Video 
Hiya, I'm continuing the question ffrom https://www.kemovebbs.com/Thread-DK63-ca...hift-Level here so it's in the appropriate subforum.

Is it possible to reprogram the keyboard at the modifier key level i.e. if I press the C key it will print the character "c" but if I press Alt + C I could have this run a macro? The combination box at the bottom of configuration screen looks like I can only change it so if I press the C key I can program it to do the equivalent of a modifier key + c

I'm using the keyboard in the UK and I'd like to program something like Alt + 4 to print the £ symbol which I assume would have to be done through a macro.

Thank you,

(05-26-2020, 08:00 AM)Blackmore Wrote: Hiya, I'm continuing the question ffrom https://www.kemovebbs.com/Thread-DK63-ca...hift-Level here so it's in the appropriate subforum.

Is it possible to reprogram the keyboard at the modifier key level i.e. if I press the C key it will print the character "c" but if I press Alt + C I could have this run a macro? The combination box at the bottom of configuration screen looks like I can only change it so if I press the C key I can program it to do the equivalent of a modifier key + c

I'm using the keyboard in the UK and I'd like to program something like Alt + 4 to print the £ symbol which I assume would have to be done through a macro.

Thank you,
I'm sorry to tell you can't do that... Sad

(05-26-2020, 08:51 AM)wade Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 08:00 AM)Blackmore Wrote: Hiya, I'm continuing the question ffrom https://www.kemovebbs.com/Thread-DK63-ca...hift-Level here so it's in the appropriate subforum.

Thank you,
No worries I guessed so. Do you know if it's something that might be possible in the future with an update to the software or if it's something that is just impossible to do due to the way keyboard work?

I've just noticed in layer 1/2/3 you can program additional functionality to each key when you hold the fnc key. It would be the equivalent of this functionality but for different modifier keys as well which would be awesome.

In the interim I'm using autohotkey to do the few remaps I require which seems to be working well!

(05-26-2020, 12:47 PM)Blackmore Wrote: I've just noticed in layer 1/2/3 you can program additional functionality to each key when you hold the fnc key. It would be the equivalent of this functionality but for different modifier keys as well which would be awesome.

In the interim I'm using autohotkey to do the few remaps I require which seems to be working well!
Yes, you can set the keys you want to modify in each layer, and then switch to that layer when you want to use these keys.

(05-26-2020, 09:02 AM)Blackmore Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 08:51 AM)wade Wrote:

Thank you,
No worries I guessed so. Do you know if it's something that might be possible in the future with an update to the software or if it's something that is just impossible to do due to the way keyboard work?
I will talk about this function with the product department and see if the keyboard can do this function.

Thank you,

Hi Blackmore, I have a quick question for you: In the sales and documentation for the DK66 there is mention of a "Magic FN" key which allows momentary access to the function layer via either the short spacebar or the adjacent keys. Do you know if this function is actually working? I've also heard that the DK61 has this feature as well, but so far have not found any proof of that. In really ought to, as it's a great feature (I use a software equivalent in Windows called TouchCursor). Thanks.