Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help diagnosing bluetooth problems

Hiya,

I'm using my keyboard with a Windows 10 PC and I've had a few issues today where bluetooth has dropped out on my DK66 keyboard. When it drops the keyboard will stop typing and the Z key i.e. bluetooth profile 1 will flash blue as-if it's trying to reconnect, I've been switching to wired connection when it errors as I've got the keyboard plugged in to charge.

Are there any general ways to diagnose if the error is with my PC dropping connection or if the error is coming from a bug with the keyboard and I can feed back any data to help with development?

Cheers,

(06-01-2020, 03:13 PM)Blackmore Wrote: Hiya,

I'm using my keyboard with a Windows 10 PC and I've had a few issues today where bluetooth has dropped out on my DK66 keyboard. When it drops the keyboard will stop typing and the Z key i.e. bluetooth profile 1 will flash blue as-if it's trying to reconnect, I've been switching to wired connection when it errors as I've got the keyboard plugged in to charge.

Are there any general ways to diagnose if the error is with my PC dropping connection or if the error is coming from a bug with the keyboard and I can feed back any data to help with development?

Cheers,
Under normal circumstances, the disconnection is due to the lack of power of the keyboard. When you use it in wired mode again, the keyboard will be charged.
Try to remove "DK66" from the computer, and then reconnect.

(06-02-2020, 01:49 AM)wade Wrote:

Cheers,
Under normal circumstances, the disconnection is due to the lack of power of the keyboard. When you use it in wired mode again, the keyboard will be charged.
Hi Wade, the keyboard was plugged in at the time but still connected via bluetooth so it wasn't the battery that caused the issues.

I've had a look at the windows event log and found the following events logged at the time the keyboard went unresponsive. 

Bluetooth HID device  either went out of range or became unresponsive.

I'll see how it works today over bluetooth but without being plugged in to see if that sheds any light

(06-02-2020, 07:45 AM)Blackmore Wrote:

Cheers,
Hi Wade, the keyboard was plugged in at the time but still connected via bluetooth so it wasn't the battery that caused the issues.

I've had a look at the windows event log and found the following events logged at the time the keyboard went unresponsive. 

I'll see how it works today over bluetooth but without being plugged in to see if that sheds any light
Probably because the keyboard has entered sleep mode, press FN+LCtrl to set the time for the keyboard to enter sleep mode.

(06-02-2020, 09:00 AM)wade Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 07:45 AM)Blackmore Wrote:

Cheers,

Probably because the keyboard has entered sleep mode, press FN+LCtrl to set the time for the keyboard to enter sleep mode.
Big Grin  it was happening while I was typing on the keyboard so I'm assuming not sleep mode. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll see how it functions today and take it from there.

Hello,

I have a problem with the bluetooth functionality as well. The problem that I have is that there is severe lag when I am typing. Sometimes it is basically unusable in terms of typing with the bluetooth enabled. When the keyboard is wired I do not have any problems. I have tried to trouble shoot the issue but have not been succesful. Just so that there is no misunderstanding the keyboard is full charged etc when this happens. I also have 2 other bluetooth keyboards one is an Apple bluetooth keyboard and the other is a Royal Kludge RK987 bluetooth keyboard and none of them have this severe lag issue.

The other question that I have is in regards to the specs for this keyboard. The reason I ask is that when I was trying to figure out what was going on I looked into my system report on my Mac and this Keyboard is showing up under Bluetooth 3.0 spec? I knew the Royal Kludge was Bluetooth 3.0 but I specifically purchased this keyboard over some of the other keyboard because I wanted something with Bluetooth 5.1 as this is advertised as. Overall I like the keyboard but if I can't resolve the severe Bluetooth lag then I will be forced to return this keyboard which I don't really want to do. 

Thanks in advance for your help....

As an update, I used the keyboard yesterday via bluetooth without it also being plugged into the laptop and had no issues at all.

(06-03-2020, 01:32 PM)Rome Wrote: Hello,

I have a problem with the bluetooth functionality as well. The problem that I have is that there is severe lag when I am typing. Sometimes it is basically unusable in terms of typing with the bluetooth enabled. When the keyboard is wired I do not have any problems. I have tried to trouble shoot the issue but have not been succesful. Just so that there is no misunderstanding the keyboard is full charged etc when this happens. I also have 2 other bluetooth keyboards one is an Apple bluetooth keyboard and the other is a Royal Kludge RK987 bluetooth keyboard and none of them have this severe lag issue.

The other question that I have is in regards to the specs for this keyboard. The reason I ask is that when I was trying to figure out what was going on I looked into my system report on my Mac and this Keyboard is showing up under Bluetooth 3.0 spec? I knew the Royal Kludge was Bluetooth 3.0 but I specifically purchased this keyboard over some of the other keyboard because I wanted something with Bluetooth 5.1 as this is advertised as. Overall I like the keyboard but if I can't resolve the severe Bluetooth lag then I will be forced to return this keyboard which I don't really want to do. 

Hi, you can try to factory reset.(FN+Q+ESC)
I must explain to you that our keyboard is a Bluetooth 5.1 protocol and a 3.0 module, which means that devices with 3.0-5.1 can be connected to the keyboard. If the Bluetooth module is 5.1, it means that it is not compatible with 3.0 devices.
Best regard!

Thumbs Up 
(06-04-2020, 10:34 AM)wade Wrote:

I must explain to you that our keyboard is a Bluetooth 5.1 protocol and a 3.0 module, which means that devices with 3.0-5.1 can be connected to the keyboard. If the Bluetooth module is 5.1, it means that it is not compatible with 3.0 devices.
Best regard!
Hi Wade,

Thank you for the prompt response. I will try the FN+Q+ESC hopefully that resolves the issue. In regards to the keyboard being a 3.0 module I am ok with that as long as I can get it to work properly. Overall this is really
a great keyboard with excellent functionality. I like the switches, the size, build quality,  along with with the excellent non gamer like fonts with the very clear legends. This form factor is perfect IMO. 

Thanks again for your prompt response...   Wink

(06-04-2020, 12:02 PM)Rome Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 10:34 AM)wade Wrote:

Best regard!
Hi Wade,

Thank you for the prompt response. I will try the FN+Q+ESC hopefully that resolves the issue. In regards to the keyboard being a 3.0 module I am ok with that as long as I can get it to work properly. Overall this is really
a great keyboard with excellent functionality. I like the switches, the size, build quality,  along with with the excellent non gamer like fonts with the very clear legends. This form factor is perfect IMO. 

Thanks again for your prompt response...   Wink

Hey Rome, fingers crossed you can get it sorted. It looks like my keyboard is connecting via v3 the same as yours and I've got absolutely no noticeable lag Smile