Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement keycaps - size & profile?

Hi all,

Am I correct in thinking that the DK66 has DSA profile keys? I'm looking at a replacement keycap OEM keycap as I'd like to compare the typing feel between the two but I'm thinking it may be a struggle to find a set with the double spacebar as well as some of the other smaller modifier keys. I don't suppose anyone has found a set that would fit? 

To measure the modifier key sizes am I right in thinking I just measure one of the alpha key's then measure the others relative to the single keys?

Just spent the last few hours digging and it looks like the keyboard layout is very similar to a Filco Minila* which seems like a good place to start when looking for keycaps

*2u left shift and 1u shift and delete above the arrow keys

I've measured the key sizes as:
Row 1
Left Modifiers: 1.25u
Left Space: 2.75u
Right Space: 2.25u
Right Function: 1.25u

Row 2
Left Shift: 2u

Row 3
Caps: 1.75u
Enter: 2.25u

Row 4
Tab: 1.5u
\ | Key: 1.5u

Row 5:
Backspace: 2u

Thumbs Up 
(06-18-2020, 01:01 PM)Blackmore Wrote: Just spent the last few hours digging and it looks like the keyboard layout is very similar to a Filco Minila* which seems like a good place to start when looking for keycaps

*2u left shift and 1u shift and delete above the arrow keys

I've measured the key sizes as:
Row 1
Left Modifiers: 1.25u
Left Space: 2.75u
Right Space: 2.25u
Right Function: 1.25u

Row 2
Left Shift: 2u

Row 3
Caps: 1.75u
Enter: 2.25u

Row 4
Tab: 1.5u
\ | Key: 1.5u

Row 5:
Backspace: 2u
Awesome!

Following on from this, does anyone know what profile the keycaps for the DK66 are? they look either cherry or OEM but this is my first keyboard so I've got nothing to compare it against really

(06-21-2020, 05:29 PM)Blackmore Wrote: Following on from this, does anyone know what profile the keycaps for the DK66 are? they look  either cherry or OEM but this is my first keyboard so I've got nothing to compare it against really
The DK66's keycaps are OEM!

So new keycaps came through. Half tempted to spray the case grey to match but super happy with them! XDAS profile so unsculpted but way easier to type on having moved from just typing on a chiclet laptop keyboard