Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temporary fix for anyone who did a factory reset and KB does not work anymore

Hi,
This is for anyone who cannot figure out why your KB doesn't work after a factory reset. I have read about a lot of people who did a factory reset and ended up returning their product. Yes, this is lengthy but its better than most people who just tell you what to do to fix things. I like the having the solution and the "WHY".

I recently acquired a Dierya DK61 Pro. I have looked everywhere on the internets and on this forum for a fix as to "WHY", after a factory reset, the Bluetooth between my PC and my recently acquired DK61 Pro stopped working. I have not been able to find any firmware for the DK61 Pro and before you ask, Yes I have looked for an answer and I may have missed it but I cannot seem to find an answer as to why I cannot find any firmware or a solution to this issue. I am no expert but I dabble in troubleshooting and I hope this helps.

To anyone who happens to do a factory reset like I did, and your thinking "the lights still run or are off and its not registering the input to the pc. Well, at least for me, I figured it out within the first hour of troubleshooting the same problem no thanks to any support. If you do run into the problem of doing a factory reset and you think your pc does not recognize the kb anymore; well it does. Check your Bluetooth settings and you'll see the profile is still there and should still recognize it. The temporary solution I found is to remove the Bluetooth profile for the keyboard and re-sync it, that should help fix the "keyboard not working via Bluetooth only wired" problem.

My thoughts on this:

(please bare with my low I.T. wording skills lol)

(and this is my thoughts as to WHY)

I think when someone does a factory reset it seems the Bluetooth setting does not recognize the "reset" keyboard profile for the Bluetooth. Therefore the PC thinks "hey its still on but something is different". So the keyboard input does not register. So by deleting the "old" Bluetooth setting registered with the pc and "Re-syncing" a new Bluetooth profile the keyboard should work correctly again.

I hope this helps anyone having that problem because I almost returned the keyboard because I couldn't find any help; luckily I thought "maybe something is up with the bluetooth portion of the pc"

I think when someone does a factory reset it seems the Bluetooth setting does not recognize the "reset" keyboard profile for the Bluetooth. Therefore the PC thinks "hey its still on but something is different". So the keyboard input does not register. So by deleting the "old" Bluetooth setting registered with the pc and "Re-syncing" a new Bluetooth profile the keyboard should work correctly again.

I hope this helps anyone having that problem because I almost returned the keyboard because I couldn't find any help; luckily I thought "maybe something is up with the bluetooth portion of the pc"