Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Undocumented keys?

I'm new to the 60% mechanical keyboard world, so maybe I'm just unaware of the "standard" keys for these types of keyboards, but it would be nice in a future manual update if you added some of the undocumented keys, it may help some future users.

I've found that FN Q/W/E/R switch between the four profiles, also called "Hardware 1" through 4 in the software.  This seems like a pretty common practice, but since they're not labeled on the keyboard or in the software, I only found this by accident.

FN N toggles between NKRO and 6KRO.  Apparently if you use keyboards with gaming systems you need to switch it to 6KRO but otherwise no reason not to use NKRO.  I've been using https://keyboardchecker.com/ to see which mode mine was in.  It is in fact NKRO as long as it's not been set to 6KRO.

FN Windows locks out the Windows key, turning it red.  I'm not sure why this is useful, but it is there.

FN Enter for 3s turns on power savings mode.  Not sure what this is, is this the same thing as the keyboard going to sleep when not plugged in and unused for 10 minutes?

Are there any others that I'm unaware of that aren't already in the manual?

I'm starting to document all the little things that aren't covered to be useful for newcomers, here is what I have so far, adding in your power saving finding (below). Also this was a pretty good overview on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQzLdJbgyI

Commands

• Lights off            Fn + Backspace
  • Lock Windows key*     Fn + Win
  • Toggle NKRO/6KRO      Fn + n
  • Tilde (~)             Fn + Shift (right) + Esc
  • Power Saving          Fn + Enter (hold for 3 seconds)
  • Hardware Select       Fn + [Q, W, E, R]
  • Bluetooth Pairing     Fn + [Z, X, C] (hold for 3 seconds)
  • Bluetooth Select      Fn + [Z, X, C]
  • Bluetooth > wired     Fn + [Z, X, C] (disconnect current BT)
  • Toggle Fn lock*       Lock: Fn + Spacebar, Unlock: Spacebar
  • Charging indicator    Fn (hold and review Alt key light)
  • Factory reset         Fn + Tab (hold for 5 seconds)

Glossary

• PS     Print Screen
  • SL     Scroll Lock
  • PB     Pause/Break
  • Ins    Insert
  • HM     Home
  • PU     Page Up
  • PD     Page Down
  • Del    Delete
  • End    End

* when key is locked, it will be illuminated

I'm confused what you mean by Z Z to disconnect bluetooth.  If you're connected to device 1, ie:  Z, you just hit FN Z to disconnect that device and it switches to USB.  If you're on device 3, it'd be C of course, etc.
Z Z would connect/disconnect (or disconnect/connect) device 1. 

Thank you for expanding on everything however, hopefully Kemove can update a future manual to include these things.  Again, if you're new to the 60% mechanical market a lot of these things may not be obvious.

You're right, I was confused about that one...updated my original post. Thanks!

And yeah, I think they just need a 1 page doc that explains the basics. Happy to keep documenting it since I will need it (especially if I replace these keycaps) Smile

(05-31-2020, 03:59 PM)canadianbacon Wrote: You're right, I was confused about that one...updated my original post. Thanks!

And yeah, I think they just need a 1 page doc that explains the basics. Happy to keep documenting it since I will need it (especially if I replace these keycaps) Smile
Good deal, just noticed one more suggestion for updating; FN Spacebar, the unlock is just hitting space bar.  I kept hitting FN Spacebar to unlock again and that does nothing.  Meanwhile, FN Windows locks Windows and requires FN Windows again to unlock, so a little inconsistency there in function.   Just one more thing to tweak on how to unlock FN Lock Smile

(05-30-2020, 04:43 PM)khaytsus Wrote: I'm new to the 60% mechanical keyboard world, so maybe I'm just unaware of the "standard" keys for these types of keyboards, but it would be nice in a future manual update if you added some of the undocumented keys, it may help some future users.

I've found that FN Q/W/E/R switch between the four profiles, also called "Hardware 1" through 4 in the software.  This seems like a pretty common practice, but since they're not labeled on the keyboard or in the software, I only found this by accident.

FN N toggles between NKRO and 6KRO.  Apparently if you use keyboards with gaming systems you need to switch it to 6KRO but otherwise no reason not to use NKRO.  I've been using https://keyboardchecker.com/ to see which mode mine was in.  It is in fact NKRO as long as it's not been set to 6KRO.

FN Windows locks out the Windows key, turning it red.  I'm not sure why this is useful, but it is there.

FN Enter for 3s turns on power savings mode.  Not sure what this is, is this the same thing as the keyboard going to sleep when not plugged in and unused for 10 minutes?

Are there any others that I'm unaware of that aren't already in the manual?
Thanks for the two great suggestions.

In fact, because we are constantly updating new features, it is difficult to write features into the manual. 

Thank you for recording these features, which is quite helpful for new users.

Also thank other users for leaving more suggestions here!

(05-31-2020, 04:01 PM)khaytsus Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 03:59 PM)canadianbacon Wrote: You're right, I was confused about that one...updated my original post. Thanks!

Good deal, just noticed one more suggestion for updating; FN Spacebar, the unlock is just hitting space bar.  I kept hitting FN Spacebar to unlock again and that does nothing.  Meanwhile, FN Windows locks Windows and requires FN Windows again to unlock, so a little inconsistency there in function.   Just one more thing to tweak on how to unlock FN Lock Smile
Ah great find...updated!

Wade,

Could you help us expand this list some more? I've seen two other key combinations I'm not sure what they do.. FN + Tab and FN + ESC + Q

Thank you Smile

(06-02-2020, 08:13 PM)khaytsus Wrote: Wade,

Could you help us expand this list some more?  I've seen two other key combinations I'm not sure what they do..  FN + Tab and FN + ESC + Q

Thank you Smile
OK,
And,FN+Q+ESQ has no function in the KEMOVE Shadow/Snowfox series.
This key combination is a function of restoring factory settings of DIERYA series keyboards.

In KEMOVE Shadow/Snowfox, press and hold FN+TAB for 5 seconds restore the factory settings.

Commands

• Lights off            Fn + Backspace
  • Lock Windows key*     Fn + Win
  • Toggle NKRO/6KRO      Fn + n
  • Tilde (~)             Fn + Shift (right) + Esc
  • Power Saving          Fn + Enter (hold for 3 seconds)
  • Hardware Select       Fn + [Q, W, E, R]
  • Bluetooth Pairing     Fn + [Z, X, C] (hold for 3 seconds)
  • Bluetooth Select      Fn + [Z, X, C]
  • Bluetooth > wired     Fn + [Z, X, C] (disconnect current BT)
  • Toggle Fn lock*       Lock: Fn + Spacebar, Unlock: Spacebar
  • Charging indicator    Fn (hold and review Alt key light)
  • FN+TAB 5 seconds    restore factory

Glossary

[*]PB     Pause/Break
[*]Ins    Insert
[*]HM     Home
[*]PU     Page Up
[*]PD     Page Down
[*]Del    Delete
[*]End    End

* when key is locked, it will be illuminated

[*]Area F

[*]Fn+ESC         `                                 
[*]FN+ESC+SHIFT   ~
[*]Fn+1           F1 
[*]Fn+2           F2 
[*]Fn+3           F3
[*]...
[*]Fn+12           F12

[*]Lighting control area

[*]Fn+|\   Switch the lighting mode that comes with the keyboard (a total of 13 kinds)
[*]Fn+}]   Switch custom light mode
[*]Fn+{[   Increase light brightness 
[*]Fn+P    Decrease light brightness
[*]Fn+”    Increase the flashing speed of light 
[*]Fn+;    Decrease the flashing speed of light

[*]Multimedia area

[*]Fn+A      Pause/Play 
[*]Fn+S      Previous song
[*]Fn+D      Next song
[*]Fn+F      Mute 
[*]Fn+G      Decrease volume
[*]Fn+H      Increase volume