Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP] KM61 SNOWFOX/SHADOW RGB AUDIOCAP

Star 
HI! I've been working on a "modification" of APEX-61M-UP drivers in order to make a fully rgb audiocap.

Let me explain myself: So I bought this fantastic keyboard and really liked the software (although its kinda difficult to use). When I started switching different RGB modes that come with the software, I instantly noticed that the AudioCap effect only allow us to choose 1 colour on the LEDs. So I started to dig into the software and found it is actually made on electron (a developing framework that uses js). I've decompressed the app.asar on the resources folder found on the drivers root folder. 

So we've got the decompiled code so far, I'M NOT SURE IF THIS CODE SHOULD NOT BE MODIEFIED AND I'M BREAKING ANY RULES, if that's the case please let me know.

So I found some key files for the lighting effects on the app folder, I'm not going to dig into this but if you want a step by step tutorial to modify the drivers yourself or have any question or doubts please let me know.

FEATURES OF THIS "MOD"

- I've edited the AudioCap mode so now you can select up to 10 different colors to show and it will cycle through them as if it was the Cycle effect, but on AudioCap. 
 - You can also now choose the speed like on the Cycle effect

SCREENSHOT

INSTALLATION STEPS

I haven't experienced any crash on the software, everything seems to be working fine, but take in mind this is an unofficial modification and stuff may break. make sure to backup the drivers before you do nothing. Note that I have only tested this with the KEMOVE61 SNOWFOX.

*I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE OF ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY USING THIS MODIFICATION, PROCCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK*

1.- So this is quite easy to install as I've compiled back everything for you. We first need to quit the driver if running. You can do this by right clicking the tray icon and Quit APEX or with Task Manager

2.- We now need to download this file called "app.asar"
 3.- Browse to the driver's location (in my case "C:\Program Files (x86)\KEMOVE") and enter the "resources" folder.
 4.- Rename the existing "app.asar" in the "resources" folder and paste the downloaded "app.asar"
 5.- Done! Open the driver, select AudioCap and have fun.

- Arna13

EDIT: Quite short effect demo video  Big Grin

(10-27-2020, 11:19 PM)Arna13 Wrote: HI! I've been working on a "modification" of APEX-61M-UP drivers in order to make a fully rgb audiocap.

Nice work! If you ever have a notion to help how to set up a momentary function layer key that will access custom hardware layers with a momentary switch vs a toggle that would be great. As it its now, all you can do is add a key that switches you to the custom layer. Thanks! 

(10-28-2020, 09:19 AM)godOmelet Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 11:19 PM)Arna13 Wrote: HI! I've been working on a "modification" of APEX-61M-UP drivers in order to make a fully rgb audiocap.

Nice work! If you ever have a notion to help how to set up a momentary function layer key that will access custom hardware layers with a momentary switch vs a toggle that would be great. As it its now, all you can do is add a key that switches you to the custom layer. Thanks! 

Many thanks for your feedback!  Tongue

Quote:set up a momentary function layer key that will access custom hardware layers with a momentary switch vs a toggle that would be great

I am sorry I dont really understand what you mean here. Do you think you could explain it a little bit more so I can see if I can do anything?

Regards,

- Arna13

Let me explain myself: So I bought this fantastic keyboard and really liked the software (although its kinda difficult to use). When I started switching different RGB modes that come with the software, I instantly noticed that the AudioCap effect only allow us to choose 1 colour on the LEDs. So I started to dig into the software and found it is actually made on electron (a developing framework that uses js). I've decompressed the app.asar on the resources folder found on the drivers root folder. 

So we've got the decompiled code so far, I'M NOT SURE IF THIS CODE SHOULD NOT BE MODIEFIED AND I'M BREAKING ANY RULES, if that's the case please let me know.

So I found some key files for the lighting effects on the app folder, I'm not going to dig into this but if you want a step by step tutorial to modify the drivers yourself or have any question or doubts please let me know.

FEATURES OF THIS "MOD"

- I've edited the AudioCap mode so now you can select up to 10 different colors to show and it will cycle through them as if it was the Cycle effect, but on AudioCap. 

SCREENSHOT

INSTALLATION STEPS

I haven't experienced any crash on the software, everything seems to be working fine, but take in mind this is an unofficial modification and stuff may break. make sure to backup the drivers before you do nothing. Note that I have only tested this with the KEMOVE61 SNOWFOX.

*I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE OF ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY USING THIS MODIFICATION, PROCCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK*

1.- So this is quite easy to install as I've compiled back everything for you. We first need to quit the driver if running. You can do this by right clicking the tray icon and Quit APEX or with Task Manager

3.- Browse to the driver's location (in my case "C:\Program Files (x86)\KEMOVE") and enter the "resources" folder.
 4.- Rename the existing "app.asar" in the "resources" folder and paste the downloaded "app.asar"

- Arna13

Simply awesome! I love it! A "random" switch (to randomize the order of the colors you have chosen) would be neat! Congrats

(11-10-2020, 01:36 PM)kaueholt Wrote:

FEATURES OF THIS "MOD"

SCREENSHOT

INSTALLATION STEPS

- Arna13

Simply awesome! I love it! A "random" switch (to randomize the order of the colors you have chosen) would be neat! Congrats

I really appreciate your feedback, I hope you enjoy this mod!

I will take a look on making that "random" switch, sounds interesting.

- Arna13

(11-10-2020, 07:18 PM)Arna13 Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 01:36 PM)kaueholt Wrote:

FEATURES OF THIS "MOD"

SCREENSHOT

INSTALLATION STEPS

- Arna13

Does this work without having to use the loudspeaker? I want this to work while im using my headphones

Quote:Does this work without having to use the loudspeaker? I want this to work while im using my headphones

Yes it should work with headphones, in my experience headphones work as fine as speakers so you shouldn't have any problem.
I believe the software just transaltes all audio output from your computer to the audiocap effect.

- Arna13