Official Message:RGB Effects is Gorgeous but doesn't know how to set it up? tell us your idea, we will make a tutorial for you, more information please click this link
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dierya dk61 pro mechanical keyboard switch/pcb problem?

so what gives with the small hole on the pcb? like its almost oval shape and fairly small compared to like kail switches the plastic bottom housing.. it wont fit in the pcb.. most switches ive seen are actually a round shape and a litttle bigger meaning it wont fit in the pcb at all. quiite frustrating as the main reason i even purchased it was because i planned to swap out the gateron browns the keyboard shipped with.. honestly like what gives ? anybody else have this issue? or if anyone would care to explain/help me out here would be truly appreciated. thx.

(06-11-2020, 01:17 PM)andrewlpz94 Wrote: so what gives with the small hole on the pcb? like its almost oval shape and fairly small compared to like kail switches the plastic bottom housing.. it wont fit in the pcb.. most switches ive seen are actually a round shape and a litttle bigger meaning it wont fit in the pcb at all. quiite frustrating as the main reason i even purchased it was because i planned to swap out the gateron browns the keyboard shipped with.. honestly like what gives ? anybody else have this issue? or if anyone would care to explain/help me out here would be truly appreciated. thx.
Hi, because the DK61 keyboard uses the optical switches, the bottom of the optical switches is oval shape. If you want to change the switch for DK61, you better buy the Gteron optical switches to replace it.

(06-12-2020, 01:53 AM)wade Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 01:17 PM)andrewlpz94 Wrote: so what gives with the small hole on the pcb? like its almost oval shape and fairly small compared to like kail switches the plastic bottom housing.. it wont fit in the pcb.. most switches ive seen are actually a round shape and a litttle bigger meaning it wont fit in the pcb at all. quiite frustrating as the main reason i even purchased it was because i planned to swap out the gateron browns the keyboard shipped with.. honestly like what gives ? anybody else have this issue? or if anyone would care to explain/help me out here would be truly appreciated. thx.
Hi, because the DK61 keyboard uses the optical switches, the bottom of the optical switches is oval shape. If you want to change the switch for DK61, you better buy the Gteron optical switches to replace it.
[Image: 615ebf853e.jpg]

ahh i see that explains alot. are their any other manufacturers other then gateron that have switches compatible with this pcb?

(06-13-2020, 03:01 AM)andrewlpz94 Wrote:

ahh i see that explains alot. are their any other manufacturers other then gateron that have switches compatible with this pcb?
Most other brands of optical switch limit holes are round.Smile Smile