Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Utility Software/Bluetooth Issues

Question 
First of all, I would like to thank you personally for the amazing product I have received after ordering your DK61 Shadow (Black) Keyboard; The quality of the product is exceptional, and the delivery was fast and well packaged.

I wanted to discuss some problems I have had with the software and driver utilities offered in your website.

I am almost certain I have downloaded the correct versions of all utilities for my keyboard, but just in case I am mistaken, could you provide me with links /  Directions as to where to find the latest version of the Software, Driver and RGB Utilities offered for my Keyboard (DK61 Shadow)

I tried to update everything, so I downloaded the tools and tried the Driver update first. My keyboard does not get recognized by this software, and I am now stuck with a useless software and outdated keyboard.

Is there any way I can check if my board is genuine? How can I connect to the driver software to check updates on this unrecognized board? Could I maybe flash the updated driver/ firmware myself?

The process of installing the software was a bit cumbersome, I don’t think I managed to install the software utility on my PC (Windows 10 Education x64) and I need the option to be able to re-map Keys.

I specifically want to switch the function key next to the spacebar (for better access) as well as make the arrow keys permanent in the corner (reverting to the right shift, control, alt and option keys when pressing the function key)

Since I type in Spanish, having the option to remap the `/~ key would be great as well, it is horrible having to type FN + Shift + Esc + N just for one frequent character (ñ) I wouldn’t mind having Shift + Esc or Shift +Esc + n set up as my ñ combination.

The RGB software seems to work fine, but I haven’t had the time to adjust the settings, the software is also a bit complicated to understand, and the manual doesn’t provide great detail of information either. I would love a video/ Guide that goes through all the customizations available in this software.

I just want to have ALL the latest software/ drivers at all times and be able to configure the keyboard to my liking,  please do consider I have just recently received this keyboard and read the manual, have been using it for about a month in the default settings and I know it can be better.

Some problems have also just arisen while trying to connect my keyboard through Bluetooth, so I wanted to make sure I was following the correct steps in order to do it. I have a Desktop Tower PC, a Surface pro 5 Notebook and an Oneplus 3 Andriod9 Phone I wish to connect the keyboard to; I would keep the keyboard connected with the included keyboard to the Desktop PC, and assign Bluetooth profile 1 and 2 to my remaining devices as to switch them seamlessly.

I just wanted to point out that my keyboard lights turn on sometimes on their own, even though the switch itself says the keyboard is off, it does bother me sometimes at night.

Is it safe to keep the cable attached at all times? Does this ruin the battery?

What is the best way to keep my battery healthy?

Should I turn on the board with the switch on the back even with the cable connected? (When I want to pair Bluetooth)

What is the normal delay for switching devices? Is there any noticeable delay in registering a key press through Bluetooth?

That seems to be all for now, I’ll update with a reply in case I have any other questions.

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards

Thomas Winkler
Reply Purge Spammer

https://www.kemovebbs.com/Forum-KEMOVE-D...FOX-SHADOW, ie: a parallel subform on this forum, is where the software is. It's linked from Kemove's website too, but I have no idea if it's newer or older. To my understanding, the links in the forum here are the latest. And the software updates the firmware. Plug it in USB, give it a second, it should show _some_ battery indicator on one of the keyboard options on the launch screen (yes, it shows 3.. no, nobody seems to know why) and then you should be able to update the firmware.

Just like most devices there's no reason to babysit or worry about it being plugged in, it's not going to overcharge the battery. As long as your environment is reasonably cool a lithium ion battery even at 100% is going to be fine. When it's plugged in USB there's no reason to have the board switch to "On", that's basically just affecting when it's NOT plugged in. It has no effect when it's plugged in (except the really old boards on USB C connections which had a hardware problem and doesn't power over USB)

I wish the keyboard had more profiles, personally, but your setup seems fine. I have mine paired to my desktop for the rare time I use it bluetooth on the desktop, my Android tablet, and my Android phone. I switch between them just fine. The only things I see switch SLOWY are Windows machines, as Windows bluetooth is pretty terrible. It is slow and randomly disconnects; this has nothing to do with this keyboard. It might be less visible on other keyboards with workarounds, not sure.

If you want to turn off the lights, FN Backspace does that by default. Or turn them down with FN [ Otherwise, no idea why your keyboard would randomly light up at night, I've never seen that before unless it's reconnecting to USB for some reason. There is a bug where the keyboard will reboot every 5 minutes in some situations, replugging USB makes it stop though.

As for the remapping of keys, there are lots of posts in this forum for that subject, look around and see if you need more help.

Where did you find this software? Or did you make it by yourself? Looks like you did. I recommend you to ask professionals and do not do it with your hands. Find them  by looking at the resumes. topresumewritingservices will help you. I got myperfectresume.com here
Reply Purge Spammer

(04-04-2021, 01:25 PM)khaytsus Wrote: https://www.kemovebbs.com/Forum-KEMOVE-D...FOX-SHADOW, ie:  a parallel subform on this forum, is where the software is.  It's linked from Kemove's website too, but I have no idea if it's newer or older.  To my understanding, the links in the forum here are the latest.  And the software updates the firmware.  Plug it in USB, give it a second, it should show _some_ battery indicator on one of the keyboard options on the launch screen (yes, it shows 3.. no, nobody seems to know why) and then you should be able to update the firmware.

Just like most devices there's no reason to babysit or worry about it being plugged in, it's not going to overcharge the battery.  As long as your environment is reasonably cool a lithium ion battery even at 100% is going to be fine.  When it's plugged in USB there's no reason to have the board switch to "On", that's basically just affecting when it's NOT plugged in.  It has no effect when it's plugged in (except the really old boards on USB C connections which had a hardware problem and doesn't power over USB)

I wish the keyboard had more profiles, personally, but your setup seems fine.  I have mine paired to my desktop for the rare time I use it bluetooth on the desktop, my Android tablet, and my Android phone.  I switch between them just fine.  The only things I see switch SLOWY are Windows machines, as Windows bluetooth is pretty terrible.  It is slow and randomly disconnects; this has nothing to do with this keyboard.  It might be less visible on other keyboards with workarounds, not sure.

If you want to turn off the lights, FN Backspace does that by default.  Or turn them down with FN [    Otherwise, no idea why your keyboard would randomly light up at night, I've never seen that before unless it's reconnecting to USB for some reason.  There is a bug where the keyboard will reboot every 5 minutes in some situations, replugging USB makes it stop though.

As for the remapping of keys, there are lots of posts in this forum for that subject, look around and see if you need more help.

Thank you for the insight, maybe I should stop worying so much. It's a solid keyboard overall, it's hard not to worry for the little details.
Reply Purge Spammer

Hello. our company has recently started to use a very good and useful software that helps our employees to communicate and notify the whole team about all sorts of news and situations that arise during working hours. Emergencies can happen anytime, anywhere, and keeping people safe is the responsibility of company management. Thus, you can visit this and see the ideal notification system that is important for employees.
Reply Purge Spammer